Smokey Roasted Tomato Sauce
The traditional tomato sauce gets an upgrade as the earthy, smokey flavors of smoked paprika are paired with oven roasted, sweet Roma tomatoes. Simple yet pairs perfectly with the tasty trio.
|garlic, cloves removed
|vine-ripened Roma tomatoes, halved
|salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the garlic head, exposing the tips of the cloves. Drizzle with oil and wrap in foil. Roast for 35-45 minutes or until tender.
- Toss the tomatoes with the remaining, smoked paprika and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes (with residual oil), single file in a rimmed baking dish. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Remove garlic from skin and combine with tomato mixture in food processor. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Add 1 cup of sour cream for a "creamy version."